CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Book of Joel Chapter 2 Vs. 25

 The Lord Had Pity


And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. Joel 2:25


And I will... Or "I will recompense to you the years"; give you fruitful ones, as a full compensation for those in which the locust ate up the fruits of the earth for some years running, the last 3 and ½ years of the tribulation.

the locust hath... The canker worm, and the caterpillar, and the palmer worm" (see Joel 1:4).

my great army... My great army which I sent among you (see Joel 2:11). The plague of locusts of Joel 1:4, which was symbolic of the armies of the nations that will make Israel desolate in the day of the Lord. Nicely summarizes the overriding theme of Joel 2:19-24. The effects of the locusts would be completely reversed. Speaking as though compelled by legal obligation, the Lord promised to repay (šillēm; cf. its use in Exo. 22:1; 2Kgs. 4:7) the nation for the crops which His great army of locusts (cf. Joel 1:4) had devoured.


And I will recompense unto you good years, instead of the years in which the people, nations, and tongues, the governors and kingdoms of vengeance, spoiled you, my great army which I sent among you.

This is speaking of all that the locusts destroyed, being restored. God miraculously does it.



Again, Joel 2:25 nicely summarizes the overriding theme of Joel 2:19-24. The effects of the locusts would be completely reversed. Speaking as though compelled by legal obligation, the Lord promised to repay (šillēm; cf. its use in Exo. 22:1; 2Kgs. 4:7) the nation for the crops which His great army of locusts (cf. Joel 1:4) had devoured.

0 comments: