CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Book of Hosea Chapter 11 Vs. 3

 The Lord's Love for Israel


I taught Ephraim also to go, taking them by their arms; but they knew not that I healed them. Hos. 11:3


I taught Ephraim... I directed the feet of Ephraim. In this time of Ephraim’s childhood, I supported and directed his steps, as a mother or nurse those of a child whom she is teaching to walk.

taking them by... To guide them that they might not stray from the right way; and to hold them up, that they might not stumble and fall (see Deut. 1:31; 32:11-12; Isa. chapter 63). Thus did God deal with Israel in the wilderness; and thus he directs and supports the steps of his spiritual Israel, amidst all their difficulties and dangers.

but they knew... They did not acknowledge this or my care over them and kindness to them.

Ephraim had received the spiritual blessing of the right hand. God had gone to extra trouble to teach Ephraim His ways. Part of the reason for the 40 years of wandering, was to teach them His ways. God healed their unfaithfulness over and over. God forgave them and gave them another chance. He tried to lead them and guide them, but they did not learn their lesson well. God acted as a loving parent.

Yet I taught Ephraim to walk, holding them on My arms; but they knew not that I healed them presumably when they fell and hurt themselves.


The Lord’s goodness to Israel is further illustrated. Like a father patiently teaching a young child to walk, the Lord had established and sustained Israel (cf. Deut. 1:31; Isa. 1:2). He also restored (healed) the nation’s strength after times of judgment, though she failed to acknowledge His intervention.

0 comments: