CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Romans Chapter 10 Vs. 20

The Message of Salvation to All



But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. Rom 10:20



I was found... The 11th Old Testament prophecy fulfilled in Romans (Rom. 10:20-21; Isa. 65:1-2). Next, Rom. 11:8. I have put My salvation in reach of the Gentiles who were not seeking for it and who knew nothing about it and they have received it (Rom. 9:30). As to Israel, I have done my best to save them, but they refuse to listen after many centuries.


The Gentiles. God would provoke the Jews to jealousy by the Gentiles who are not a part of Israel, God’s special, chosen nation.

We see that verses 20 and 21 are quotes from Isaiah 65:1-2.



Both Old Testament leaders wrote about God’s turning to the Gentiles, whom the Jews thought had no understanding (asynetō, “senseless”; cf. Rom. 1:21, 1:31). And yet concerning Israel, God has been gracious in spite of her disobedience (a quotation of Isa. 65:2). Israel’s continuing rebellious and unbelieving disobedience was judged by God’s turning to the Gentiles (Rom. 10:20; cf. Acts 8:1-8, 8:10). 

0 comments: