CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 10, 2021

Romans Chapter 11 Vs. 13

Gentiles Grafted In



For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: Rom 11:13


magnify mine office... Meaning ministry.


Here is what God said of Saul/Paul:



Acts 9:15 “But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:”

You can see from this that his first call was to the Gentile. I will give you one Scripture of many that shows that Paul was aware of his call to the Gentiles.

2Tim. 1:11: “Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles”.

Eph. 3:8-9 “Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;” “And to make all [men] see what [is] the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:”



Paul then singled out a part of the Christian community at Rome, saying, I am talking to you Gentiles. Though writing, Paul used terms referring to oral communication, a fact with implications for the inspiration of the Scriptures. Paul then affirmed his special position as the apostle to the Gentiles (cf. Acts 9:15; Gal. 1:16; 2:7-8; Eph. 3:8), and declared, I make much of (lit., “I glorify” or “I magnify”) my ministry. 

0 comments: