CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Gospel of Matthew Chapter 25 Vs. 35

 The Final Judgment


Matthew 25:35 “For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:”


I was an... The union between Christ and his people is the most tender and endearing of all connections. It is represented by the closest unions of which we have knowledge (John 15:4-6; Eph. 5:23-32; 1Cor. 6:15).

This is a union, not physical, but moral. A union of feelings, interests, plans, destiny; or, in other words, he and his people have similar feelings. They love the same objects, share the same trials, and inherit the same blessedness (John 14:19; Rev. 3:5, 3:21; Rom. 8:17).

Hence, he considers favors shown to his people as shown to himself and will reward them accordingly (Mat. 10:40, 10:42).

They show attachment to him, and love to his cause. By showing kindness to the poor, the needy, and the sick, they show that they possess his spirit, for he did it when on earth; they demonstrate an attachment to him. For he was poor and needy; and they show that they have the proper spirit to outfit them for heaven (1Jhn. 3:14, 3:17; Jas. 2:1-5; Mark 9:41).

was a stranger... The word stranger means a foreigner or traveler in our language, one unknown to us. To receive such to the rites of hospitality was, in Eastern countries, where there were few or no public houses, a great virtue (see Gen. 18:1-8; Heb. 8:2).

took me in... Into your house, you received me kindly.

Ye took me in (συνηγαγετέ με)

Tynd., I was harbourless and ye lodged me. The preposition and implies along with. Ye took me with you into the household circle.

No need of pleading or counterpleading, of prosecutor or prisoner’s counsel, no hope from legal quibble or insufficient proof.



The basis of their entrance is seen in their actions, for they provided food, drink, clothing, and care for the King (Mat. 25:35-36).

0 comments: