CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Romans Chapter 15 Vs. 2

 

The Example of Christ



Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. Rom 15:2


for his good... Edification means to build up and strengthen. This is essentially the same appeal that Paul made previously, only with the added qualification of self-sacrifice.

We see scriptures by Paul about how He tried to win people to Christ by meeting them on their ground.

1Cor. 9:19-22 “For though I be free from all [men], yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.” “And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;” “To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.” “To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all [men], that I might by all means save some.”




The strong ought not despise the weak; they ought to bear with them. Also the strong should not seek to please themselves. This last clause is the key; a Christian should not be self-centered, but should be concerned about the spiritual welfare of others. Pleasing others, however, is not the end in itself, but is for their good, to build them up (lit., “unto edification”; cf. “edification” in Rom. 14:19).

0 comments: