CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 19, 2021

Romans Chapter 15 Vs. 3

 

The Example of Christ


For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me. Rom 15:3


For even Christ... When Jesus was facing death of His body on the cross, He asked for the cup to pass from Him. His very next statement was “not my will but thine Father”. Jesus submitted His will to the Father.

Psm. 40:8 “I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law [is] within my heart.”

This really, is the desire of true Christians; to do the will of God.


The reproaches of... The 14th Old Testament prophecy fulfilled in Romans (Rom. 15:3; Psm. 69:9). Next, Rom. 15:9. Is referring to slander, false accusations, and insults. Men hate God and they manifested that same hatred toward the One He sent to reveal Himself.


John 8:29 “And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.”



This is the example the Lord Jesus Christ left. Even He did not please Himself. He came “to do the will” of the Father who sent Him (John 4:34) and to please Him (John 5:30; 8:29). To support this statement Paul quoted a part of a verse from a messianic psalm (Psm. 69:9). Christ was insulted by others because of His associations with God the Father.

0 comments: