CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Romans Chapter 15 Vs. 15

 

Paul the Minister to the Gentiles


Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God, Rom 15:15



boldly unto you... I have written freely to you in view of my apostolic office to the Gentiles. I am commissioned by Jesus Christ to minister to you Gentiles the gospel of God, that your consecration may be acceptable to God, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit (Rom. 15:15-16).


1Cor. 15:10 “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”

because of the... Paul is saying that his call to the Gentiles was by the grace of God, not because of any special thing he did. Paul was really not called to the physical house of Israel, but to the heathen.

Gal. 2:9 “And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.”

We are to assume from this that Paul and Barnabas were called to bring the gospel message to the heathen and Peter, James, and John were to minister to the natural house of Israel.

In spite of their spiritual strength, these Christians needed to be reminded of truths they already knew but could easily neglect or even forget.




Paul did not have a low opinion of the Roman Christians; on the contrary he considered them spiritually informed and spiritually mature. Why then did he write on such basic Christian themes? Paul explained, I have written (past tense, “I wrote”) you quite boldly on some points (lit., “in some measure”) as if to remind you of them again. This was what Peter did as well (2Pet. 1:12; 3:1-2).

0 comments: