CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 20, 2021

Romans Chapter 15 Vs. 28

 

Paul's Plan to Visit Rome



When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain. Rom 15:28


When therefore I... When I take the collections for the poor saints to Jerusalem, I plan to go to Spain and I will come by Rome to see you.


Paul is explaining to the Romans why he is going by Jerusalem before he comes to Rome. We all know that this is just one of the reasons. Paul wants to try to win his Jewish brothers to Christianity.

and have sealed... The financial gift or “fruit” is the gift for the Jerusalem church; the fruit of their genuine love and gratitude.




Again Paul said that after going to Jerusalem he would go to Spain and visit the Romans on the way (cf. Rom. 15:24). Paul got to Rome, but not when or in the manner he anticipated! (Acts 27-28) Whether he ever got to Spain no one knows for sure. Christians should plan ahead, but they should also be flexible.

0 comments: