CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Daniel Chapter 10 Vs. 16



Daniel's Terrifying Vision of a Man


Daniel 10:16 "And, behold, [one] like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength."


behold one like... Like the similitude of the sons of man, this is the same person who was sent to give Daniel this revelation (Dan. 10:11-12).

the similitude of... Hebrew: demuwth , likeness, referring to outward, physical form, for that is all he saw. Daniel could not see the moral and spiritual likeness of this person. It is the same word translated "likeness" in connection with God (Gen. 1:26) and with Adam (Gen. 5:1).

touched my lips:... This touch on the lips of Daniel came from God, but was through this being appearing as sons of men. In other words, he looked like a man.

then I opened... In addressing the messenger as my lord (cf. Dan. 10:19; 12:8) Daniel was using a title of respect something like the modern-day “Sir.”

by the vision... Daniel was overcome with anguish (Dan. 10:16) at the content of the vision of Israel’s coming sufferings. He was left totally debilitated (cf. Dan. 10:8) and gasping for breath.

Angels are spirits, but can appear as men.

Heb. 13:2 "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."



Moreover, he was overcome with anguish (Dan. 10:16) at the content of the vision of Israel’s coming sufferings.

0 comments: