CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Romans Chapter 7 Vs. 17

 

The Law and Sin



Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. Rom 7:17


sin that dwelleth... Greek: oikeo. Here; Rom. 7:18, 7:20; 8:9, 8:11; 1Cor. 3:16; 7:12-13; 1Tim. 6:16.

The quickest way to tell if we are following after the flesh is if whatever you are doing feels good to the flesh. If the flesh is enjoying your actions, it is probably displeasing to the spirit.

Paul’s new inner self, the new “I”, no longer approved of the sin that was still residing in his flesh like his old self did, but rather strongly disapproved.

Paul was saying that his sin did not flow out of his new redeemed innermost (“I”) self, but from his unredeemed humanness, his flesh “in me”.



Because of this evidence, Paul concluded, It is no longer I myself who do it (lit., “no longer am I myself producing it”; cf. Rom. 7:15) but it is sin living in me (lit., “but the dwelling-in-me sin”). This does not mean Paul was avoiding personal responsibility for his actions; he was speaking of the conflict between his desires and the sin within him.

0 comments: