CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Romans Chapter 7 Vs. 21

 

The Law and Sin




I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. Rom 7:21



then a law... This is the law of the mind, which consents to the law of God (Rom. 7:16, 7:21, 7:23).

Hear the cry of a man who desires to please God.

Psm. 19:12-14 “Who can understand [his] errors? cleanse thou me from secret [faults].” (added emphasis with italics by editor) “Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins]; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.” “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”

This is not a reference to God’s law, but to an inviolable spiritual principle.



Paul was a person who tried to learn from his experiences, so now he concluded, I find this law at work. This is not the Mosaic Law, of course, but a principle drawn from experience. Also in Rom. 8:2 “law” (nomos) means principle. This law or principle is the reality of ever-present evil in an individual whenever he wants to do good.

0 comments: