CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Daniel Chapter 10 Vs. 8

 Daniel's Terrifying Vision of a Man


Daniel 10:8 "Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength."


was left alone... Daniel remained alone in the angel’s presence and, being weak, Daniel prostrated himself before the messenger.

no strength in... Tenfold Effect Upon Daniel

1. Strength went from me (Dan. 10:8).

2. My comeliness (Hebrew: howd, beauty) was turned to corruption (Hebrew: mashchiyth, destruction; marred; made ugly, Dan. 10:8).

3. I fell into a deep sleep, face down (Dan. 10:9).

4. A hand touched me and set me upon my knees and hands (Dan. 10:10).

5. I then stood upright trembling (Dan. 10:11).

6. I had great fear (Dan. 10:12).

7. I fell again, face down (Dan. 10:15).

8. I became dumb (speechless, Dan. 10:15).

9. My lips were touched by the angel and I was able to speak again so I complained of being strength-less and unable to breathe properly (Dan. 10:16-17).

10. I was again strengthened and made capable of receiving the revelation (Dan. 10:18-12:13).

We see that even though Daniel was a godly man, the contact with this heavenly being, representing God, was almost more than mortal man could endure. All of his strength left him.

comeliness was turned... Means beauty. I believe Daniel was so overwhelmed, that he became very pale.




Daniel remained alone in the angel’s presence and, being weak, Daniel prostrated himself before the messenger.

0 comments: