CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Romans Chapter 13 Vs. 10

 

Fulfilling the Law Through Love



Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. Rom 13:10


Love worketh no... Love and charity are really the same thing in 1 Corinthians. Let us look at a Scripture that perfectly describes love. As you read it think love in your mind every time you see charity.

1Cor. 13:1-4 “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.” “And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.” “And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.” “Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,”

1Cor. 13:8 “Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.”

1Cor. 13:13 “And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.”

therefore love is... I believe we should repeat again “love is the fulfilling of the law”.

Simply put, if we treat others with the same care that we have for ourselves, we will not violate any of God’s laws regarding interpersonal relationships.



Paul then expressed this principle in other words, Love does no harm (lit., “Love does not keep on working evil”) to its neighbor, and then he repeated (cf. Rom. 13:8) his basic assertion that love fulfills the Mosaic Law. Only in Christ can a person meet this or any of the other requirements of the Law (Rom. 8:4).

0 comments: