CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Ezekiel Chapter 38 Vs. 18

The Defeat of Gog


And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, [that] my fury shall come up in my face. Eze. 38:18

at the same... At the same time, when Gog comes into the land of Israel at the battle of Armageddon, after he has already conquered the countries north and east of his ten kingdoms which are inside the old Roman Empire territory, and not in some previous war in Israel. This is the only time that God will supernaturally destroy the armies of Gog and the many nations with him. This fact is confirmed by the phrase "in that day," in Eze. 38:19.

my fury shall... The 20 fold destruction of Gog at Armageddon:

1. My fury will come up in My face (Eze. 38:18).

2. In that day there will be a great shaking in the land of Israel (Eze. 38:19).

3. The fish of the sea will shake at My presence (Eze. 38:20).

4. The fowls of the heaven will shake at My presence.

5. The beasts of the field will also shake at My presence.

6. And so will all creeping things upon the earth.

7. Men upon earth will shake at My presence like all other creatures.

8. The mountains will be thrown down.

9. The steep places will fall.

10. Every wall will fall to the ground.

11. I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains (Eze. 38:21).

12. Every man’s sword will be against his brother (Eze. 38:21; Zec. 14:12-13).

13. I will plead against him with pestilence (Eze. 38:22).

14. I will plead against him with blood.

15. I will rain upon him.

16. I will rain upon his bands.

17. I will rain upon the many people with him an overflowing rain.

18. And there will be great hailstones (cp. Jos. 10:11).

19. And there will be fire.

20. And there will be brimstone (Sulphur).

All this goes far to prove that these chapters (Ezekiel 38-39) refer to Armageddon, not to some battle between Russia and the Jews before the second coming of Christ. Such means of destruction as an overflowing rain, blood, fire, brimstone, hailstones, etc. will be used at Armageddon only, as proved here (Eze. 38:18-22) and in Eze. 39:2-7, 39:17-20; Isa. 63:1-8; Joel 2-3; Zec. 14:1-15; Mat. 24:27-31; 2Th. 1:7-10; 2:8-12; Jugs. 1:14-15; Rev. 16:17-21; 10:11-21. These statements are not figurative but literal, and can only be understood this way.



God has led these countries, and people opposed to God, to this place to destroy them. It will not be Israel that destroys them. It will be God, and everyone will know it is God. God's fury has come up, because they oppose God's people. They even oppose God Himself.

0 comments: