CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Psalm 91 Vs. 14

Psalm 91 Vs. 14

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. Psm. 91:14

he hath set... God Himself is the speaker in this section (verses 14-16), and He describes the blessing He gives to those who know and love Him. The word for “loved” means a “deep longing” for God, or a “clinging” to God.
Many bear the name who really do not truly love Him. This does not mean that those of us, who have given our love to Jesus, are perfect, it means that we have taken on His righteousness. He delivers us for no other reason than that we love Him. Jesus gave us permission to use that wonderful name. There is power in the name of Jesus. The 14th chapter of John tells us so much about the power in that name. I will give just one here.
John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
When you pray in that name, believe that ye receive, and you shall have whatever you ask. Just one more Scripture on this, and we will go on.
John 16:24 "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."


God’s promise of protection (Psm. 91:14-16)


The psalmist wrote as God Himself spoke to confirm the psalmist’s faith.

0 comments: